- Public Works (DPW)
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Maynard's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day.
What Can I Bring
- Oil Based Paints (No Latex)
- Stains and Varnishes
- Wood Preservatives
- Paint Strippers / Thinners
- Solvent Adhesives
- Lighter Fluid
- Motor Oil
- Engine Degreaser
- Brake Fluid/Carburetor Cleaner
- Transmission Fluid
- Car Wax, Polishes
- Driveway Sealer
- Roofing Tar
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Poisons, Insecticides, Fungicides
- Chemical Fertilizers
- Weed Killers
- Moth Balls
- Flea Control Products
- SHARPS (No charge, in puncture-free containers)
- Rubber Cement, Airplane Glue
- Fiberglass Resins
- Photo Chemicals
- Chemistry Sets
- Furniture, Floor and Metal Polish
- Oven Cleaner
- Drain and Toilet Cleaner
- Spot Remover
- Rug and Upholstery Cleaner
- Hobby Supplies, Artist Supplies
- Mercury Items (thermometers, switches, etc.)
What Not To Bring
Latex Paint (remove lid, dry out - trash)
- Empty Containers/Trash
- Commercial or Industrial Waste
- Radioactive Waste, Smoke Detectors
- Infectious and Biological Wastes
- Ammunition, Fireworks, Explosives
- Fire Extinguishers
- Oxygen Tanks
- Prescription Medicines
How to safely transport these Hazardous Materials:
- Leave materials in original containers.
- Tighten caps and lids.
- Sort and pack separately: oil paint, pesticides, and household cleaners.
- Pack containers in sturdy upright boxes.
- Never mix chemicals.
- Pack your car and drive directly to the site.
- Never smoke while handling hazardous materials.
Residency & Fees
- There is a $50 minimum charge per carload - unusually large loads will require additional fees.
- Checks may be payable to Town of Maynard; credit or debit cards are also accepted. NO CASH
When & Where
- Saturday,March 25, 2023
8 am - noon
- DPW Drop-Off Center
38 Winter Street
For more information, call 978-897-1317.
This collection is operated by Trident.
Note: If you miss this event, please visit our Household Hazardous Waste Disposal page for information about other municipalities and regional facilities that are available for properly handling and disposing of this type of waste.