The Maynard Town Clerk's Office is committed to providing courteous, competent and efficient service to the Towns People. We are dedicated to the thorough preservation of the Town's vital records and historical documents for the benefit of future generations. We respect the right to vote as a fundamental civil right and will assure that all elections are conducted in a fair and open manner providing equal access to all citizens. Our office will operate in a modern, professional and automated environment, with an emphasis on our fiscal responsibility to the taxpayers of Maynard.
Vital Records / Statistics
In order to obtain a certified copy of a Birth, Death or Marriage certificate, requests can be dropped off at Town Hall in the Town Clerk Drop Off Box at the main entrance of Town Hall or mail the following:
- Written request stating the name(s) and date of event
- A SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope)
- The fee, which is $10 per copy, in a check or money order made payable to:
- Town of Maynard
195 Main Street
Maynard MA 01754
- Town of Maynard
In order to apply for a marriage license you must first call the Town Clerk's Office to set up an appointment 978-897-1300. Justice of the Peace services are also available.
Online payment (credit card or e-check) is available for the following services:
- Birth Certificates
- Death Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- New / Renewed Dog Licenses
- Posting of all meetings for municipal boards and committees
- Voter Registration
- Prospective Juror List
- Town Election Dates / Information (Town, Primaries, State Elections)
- 2022 Annual Census Form (PDF)
- Residency Certification
- Town Meeting Warrants and Results
- Business Certificates (DBA)
- Notary Public
- Public Records Requests
- Payment of non-criminal complaint violations
- Review copies of the town's general and zoning by-laws. (Forms and by-laws are available from the Municipal Services Department).
The following licenses can be obtained at the Town Clerk's Office:
Elections & Town Meetings
The Town Clerk is the local chief election official and record keeper for all elections in town (local, state, and federal) and records votes at Maynard Town Meeting.
Information on upcoming and past elections and town meetings is available on separate pages on this website:
The Town Clerk is responsible for the enforcement of the Massachusetts Open Meeting Law in regard to publication of meeting agendas and notices. Town committee members are strongly encouraged to visit the Open Meeting Law and Room Scheduling page for how to properly create and post your agenda along with information on how to reserve seating for your meeting.
Board of Registrars
- Dianne M. Reardon
- David C. Hull
- Charles T. Shea
- Anita F. Dolan