- Town Meetings
- Annual Town Meeting – June 11, 2022
Annual Town Meeting – June 11, 2022
The Maynard Select Board endorsed the proposal by Town Moderator Dick Downey to move the date, time and location of the Annual Town Meeting to Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 9 am at the Fowler Middle School parking lot. (View the Town Meeting Parking plan.)
Due to the recent increase in COVID cases in Middlesex County and Maynard, the Maynard Board Of Health has recommended another outdoor Town Meeting.
Original Notice: Please be advised that the Maynard Select Board, acting at their December 7, 2021 meeting voted five to zero: “To set the date, time and place of the 2022 Annual Town Meeting as Monday, May 16, 2022, at 7 pm, at the Fowler School Auditorium on Tiger Drive.”
Per Town by-law, articles for the Annual Town Meeting Warrant are to be submitted 60 days or more prior to the date of the Town Meeting. That date was Wednesday, March 17, 2022.
Citizens’ petitions must be submitted with the question presented at the top of each side of the signature page. They must be submitted to the Town Clerk’s Office and certified by the Town Clerk in order to be included on the warrant.
The deadline for submittal of Citizens Petition Warrant Articles for the Annual Town Meeting was 4 pm, Friday, March 11, 2022.
Relevant Documents / Information
- Town Meeting Results 6-11-22 (PDF)
- Annual Town Meeting Warrant (PDF)
- Town Meeting Parking Layout at Fowler School (PDF)
- Declaration of Recess and Continuance (PDF)
- Statement from Select Board in Response to Citizens' Petitions Articles 10 and 11 on the Warrant for Annual Town Meeting 2022 (10-May) (PDF)
- Supplemental Information to Warrant Article 8: Certified Free Cash Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2022 (PDF)
- Conservation Commission Support of Article 3 (PDF)
- Finance Committee Additional Comments (PDF)
- Green Meadow School Building Project Flyer (PDF)
- School System Presentation Materials (PDF)
- Background on Article 3: Climate Emergency Declaration (PDF)
- Background on Citizens Petition Articles 4 and 10 (PDF)