Town Hall is open, by appointment only. In consideration of the Governor's Re-Opening status as Phase 3, Town Hall will be open, by appointment only, beginning Monday, September 28, 2020. While remote work remains strongly encouraged, persons wishing to meet with town employees in Town Hall are required to contact the respective department/employee and schedule an appointment.
- Maynard's Board of Health is monitoring updates and following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the State Department of Public Health.
- Maynard positive COVID-19 cases are updated weekdays here.
- Press releases on recent trends.
- To find the latest information, please visit the CDCs website or the state's website - Both agencies are closely monitoring the outbreak of this respiratory illness and update their websites daily.
Health & Safety Practices
As always, if anyone displays symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever, cough or shortness of breath, they should not come to work or school and they are advised to contact their primary care physician.
The DPH recommends that residents continue with good hygiene practices including:
- Practice good hand hygiene! Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds including under your fingernails. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol content) can be used when soap and water are not available.
- Keep your hands away from your face.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing and coughing with a tissue and discard it immediately. Cough into the sleeve over your elbow instead of your hand. Wash your hands often when coughing and sneezing.
- Practice social distancing, keep a distance of 6 feet away from others.
- Stay away from people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- How to Protect Yourself
- How to Protect your Family
- How to Protect Your Home
- Manage Anxiety and Stress
For more information, visit the DPH website and the CDC's website.
Beware of Scams
Please be aware of potential scams during this time:
- If anyone claims they have a right to check your house, please call the Maynard Police Department (911) right away.
- Please be aware of cyber criminals exploiting Coronavirus through emails posting as legitimate medical or health organizations. Contact the MPD at 978-897-1011 if you suspect online criminal activity.
- Please review emails that ask for charity donations for studies, doctors or to assist victims.